Fusite manufactures premium glass-to-metal (GTM) hermetic seals, connectors, feedthroughs, and related components for air conditioning and refrigeration applications.
When high reliability throughout the lifecycle of a compressor or pump is needed, Fusite is one of the world's most trusted sources, ensuring consistent quality no matter what size the order.
In environments where refrigerants or other compressed materials are contained in a sealed system, our GTM hermetic feedthroughs allow a secure and reliable means to pass electrical power from an outside source to the motor inside.
We produce feedthroughs for everything from fractional 1/4 horsepower electric motors (up to 300 volts), all the way up to large 75 horsepower commercial integral motors (up to 600 volts).
As a worldwide leader in glass-to-metal hermetic seals for refrigerator, freezer, and air conditioning compressor applications, Fusite manufactures hundreds of millions of compressor feedthroughs each year. Our feedthroughs are also used in vending machines, heat pumps, and other pressurized systems.
Other Application Areas
In addition to feedthroughs that meet a variety of commonly used refrigerants (such as R22, R134a, R410a), Fusite has developed products for higher pressure applications such as CO2.
CO2 Compressor Feedthroughs
Because of Fusite's long history of glass-to-metal experience, we understand the complexities of CO2 compressors, including the type of specialized materials required for this application. As GTM experts, we are able to design electrical feedthroughs for CO2 compressors that allow for more than 55Mpa of high pressure. All of our CO2 feedthroughs are recognized by UL.
Single-Pin Feedthroughs Typical Specifications
For limited space conditions, Fusite offers a full range of standard single-pin feedthroughs with durable hermetic seals, with typical power and sensor applications up to 20 A continuous. Both weld-in and threaded style designs are available in various pin materials.
- Hermeticity: < 1 x 10 -7 standard cc/sec helium
- Insulation resistance: > 10,000 megohm @ 500 VDC
- Dielectric voltage: 2500 volts @ < 0.5 mA leakage
- Burst pressure: Typical GTM seals meet or exceed 2,250 psi pressure test, but should be verified in customer specific applications.
- Regulatory: Recognized by global regulatory agencies such as UL
We also custom design compressor seals, connectors, feedthroughs, and related components for a variety of applications, with specialized features such as:
- Solid pin and high-conductivity copper core pins (produced in-house by Fusite)
- Molded silicone rubber for outside electrical oversurface
- Heavy duty ceramic insulators for inside electrical oversurface
- Glass pre-forms are produced from Fusite's proprietary custom smelted glass
- Straight pin, flags, and connector block connections
- Single-pin and multi-pin configurations
- Resistance-welded and bolt-on attachment styles
Fusite offers connector blocks, which provide a means for compressor manufacturers to make service connections for power.