Fusite uses its leading-edge glass-to-metal (GTM) sealing process to create highly compressed seals for hermetic sight glasses that are used as windows for visual level and flow indicators in high-pressure or vacuum applications. We offer a variety of bolt-on, weld-in, and threaded configurations. Standard models include single port glasses for simple level checking and multiple port glasses for more complex systems.
Fusite sight glasses can be used to check liquid levels in pumps, compressors, or other components requiring visual level or flow checks. Typically sight glasses utilize thread and hexagon bodies for flat gasket seals, with flange-type bodies for bolt mounting for "O" ring seals, and also for solder mounting and resistance welding.
- Hermeticity: <1x10-7 standard cc/sec helium
- Burst pressure: Up to 15,000 psi, or to our customers' specifications
- Regulatory: Recognized by global regulatory agencies (such as UL, TUV, and GL) on select models
Fusite has broad capabilities to develop customized sight glasses to meet customer-specific requirements. The customization options we offer include:
- Housing material: Low/mild carbon steel, stainless steel
- Solder mounting and resistance welding versions
- Various plating finishes: Nickel, trivalent chromate, tin
- Customized viewing areas: Reeded prism, annular/round prism, waffle prism, and clear sight
- Thread and hexagon bodies for flat gasket seals, with flange-type bodies for bolt mounting for "O" ring seals