An Uncompromising Pursuit of Perfection
With unparalleled reliability standards in our engineering and manufacturing operations, Fusite provides the highest quality and most cost-effective products, delivered with an on-time, rapid response that continually meets or exceeds customer needs and expectations.
Sophisticated, industry-leading equipment and continually improving process automation are the key drivers to the quality and reliability of Fusite products.
Ensuring High Quality Hermetic Sealing
To ensure the hermeticity of all its feedthroughs as they pass electrical power into the application, Fusite has advanced leak detection equipment in our facilities around the world. Our customers can take advantage of 100% leak testing for either entire lots or sample lots of products. We also test the electrical properties of our products before shipping.
Industry-Proven Process Improvement
Fusite achieves continuous improvement in its products and processes through industry- standard problem solving methodologies, such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Design of Experiments (DoE), and the 8 Disciplines (8D).
In order to implement these standards optimally, we have combined the disciplines of each into a proprietary toolset called Perf(x), which is based on these principles:
- Lean Enterprise. These principles drive efficiency and productivity in our manufacturing and office processes.
- 5S Lean Manufacturing Methodology. A basic building block that promotes standard practices and efficiency throughout the company.
- Employee Involvement. Recognizing our employees as our best and most trusted resource, we encourage every person in the company to embrace these principles.
- Company-wide Quality Improvement. We continually seek to improve quality in every aspect of the company.
- Six Sigma. For problem solving, we rely on the proven concepts of Six Sigma tools. We have several in-house Six Sigma professionals with prestigious Green Belt or Black Belt certifications who help us implement these principles.
- Project Management. For every project implementation, we adopt a highly organized method for project management.
In addition, we continue to improve our processes by utilizing Design of Experiments throughout the process lifecycle. We also monitor these processes with Cpk analysis to ensure they are producing the levels of quality expected. Coupled with improvements in equipment technologies, such as electronic vision inspection, gauging systems, and robotic systems, our process yields continue to improve year after year.
As a way to continually improve customer satisfaction, we apply the 8-Disciplines methodology to all customer quality issues. This ensures effective root-cause analysis with corrective and preventive action feedback.
Fusite constantly strives to eliminate sources of variation in the processes due to human intervention through automation efforts, including zero-man assembly lines, vision inspection, and testing equipment.
With each implementation of these methodologies, the quality of Fusite products increases. The result is lower interruption costs, fewer line rejects, lower warranty costs, lower parts per million, and improved functional performance.
Fusite conforms to all U.L. and CSA Standards for the various compressor applications and is ISO certified in each manufacturing facility.
Quality Assurance Processes and Equipment List
- 100% voltage and insulation resistance testing
- Automated helium mass spectrometer leak testing
- Vision system inspection
- Thermal cycling
- Burst pressure
- X-Ray inspection
- Infrared thermal imaging
- Surface profiliometer
- Micro hardness tester
- Scanning electron microscope
- Atomic absorption spectrometer